For the most current information for this event please visit the official Luke Air Force Base 2014 Open House Air Show web page
March 15 & 16, 2014 (Saturday and Sunday)
Time: 9A – 6P
9 a.m. – gates open, static aircraft viewable, vendors open
11 a.m. – air show begins
4 p.m. – air show ends
6 p.m. – gates closed
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND ADMISSION IS FREE!
Airshow Parking Directions & Information
Click on the image to the left or here for a larger and printable view of maps and parking directions. Be advised traffic in the areas surrounding Luke Air Force Base will be heavy on March 15 – 16, 2014 so make sure to plan for it.
Be sure to check the AZ Central website for current traffic conditions and ADOT road closures in and around the area surrounding the base.
Parking Lot A and B will both have a $10 parking fee for cars.
On-base parking will ONLY be available to handicapped individuals and parking pass holders.
If you have a state-provided handicapped decal, proceed to the North Gate located on Litchfield Rd. for entry.
Please check back often for additional traffic pattern and off-base parking locations information.
Performers and Flying Schedule
The performers’ schedule is being developed. Please check back often for updates.
Headlining Luke’s Open House and Air Show are the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds who perform precision aerial maneuvers demonstrating the capabilities of Air Force high performance aircraft to people throughout the world (learn more).
B-17, AZ Wing of the Commemorative Air Force
B-25, AZ Wing of the Commemorative Air Force
Bell 407 Helicopter, Highway Patrol
C-45, Mesa Warbirds
C-47, Mesa Warbirds
Cessna 172, Arizona State University
Cessna 182, Civil Air Patrol
Cessna – Beechcraft
German Air Force Tornado
L-116, Mesa Warbirds
N2S, Mesa Warbirds
T-6, Mesa Warbirds
(We will update the performers & static display list as more information becomes available.)
Visitors are limited to the following items, which will be subject to search by Security Forces:
– Strollers and wagons for toddlers
– Diaper bags for guests with small children
– Small women’s purses
– Handicapped items such as wheelchairs
– Official service dogs
– Lawn chairs
– Bottled water, two bottles per person. Free water-refill stations will be available
– Hydration packs (Eg. CamelBaks – hydration only, no backpacks)
– Cameras, video recorders and binoculars. Visitors will be required to show the items work. Items must be small enough to carry by hand.
* Note: Those working for media outlets (TV & Radio stations, newspapers, magazines, websites) should contact Public Affairs for media credentials which will allow for more equipment to be brought onto Luke AFB.
Permitted but use discretion:
– Baby bottles
– Medications. Bring prescriptions with you and in marked medical containers. (Eg. don’t bring medicine in Sunday through Saturday containers)
Recommended Items include:
– Hearing protection
Prohibited items: TBD
All visitors are subject to search by Security Forces and will NOT be allowed to pass through security with any of the following items:
– Outside food
– Weapons of any kind including pocket knives, pocket tools, scissors, box cutters, billy clubs, large-heavy chain-link jewelry or belts, mace and pepper spray
– Firearms of any type
– Toys that resemble firearms
– Spray paint and silly string
– Glass containers of any kind
– Illegal drugs
– Skateboards, heelies, roller skates or roller blades
– Back packs, ruck sacks
– Medical Marijuana
Please contact Lt. Col. Michael May at 623-856-5580 or via email at [email protected] for any questions on air operations
Assistant Air Operations
Please contact Maj. Ryan Ley at 623-856-6931 or via email at [email protected] for any questions on air operations
Please contact Maj. Nicholas Holmes via email at[email protected] for any questions on aerial acts
Please contact Maj. James Day at 623-856-7766 for any questions on ground demonstrations
Please contact Maj. John Anderson at 623-856-2148 for any questions on static display
Please contact Ms. Jeanette Mijokovich at 623-856-3245 or via email at [email protected] for any questions on commercial sponsorships
Please contact Capt, Ryan DeCamp at 623-856-6011 or via email at[email protected] for media questions